“Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” ― Barack Obama
End of Year Giving
A gift to UM Capital Region Health’s End of Year Giving is an investment in the healthcare of our community. Each gift is a display of your desire to support needs within our medical lines of service and specialty programs.
Have you or a loved one ever needed world-class healthcare and not known where to turn? At University of Maryland (UM) Capital Region Health, our mission is to provide comprehensive, high-quality and accessible health care to the residents of Prince George’s County and the surrounding areas. Our team is committed to delivering award-winning and compassionate care through innovative programs – what we call, “A better state of care”. We are excited to share a list of our accomplishments over this past year – accomplishments that reflect our promise to provide high-quality, innovative, and compassionate care:
- UM Capital Region Medical Center Rated as High Performing by U.S. News & World Reports in five areas: Diabetes | Heart Attack | Heart Bypass | Surgery | Heart Failure | Stroke
- Ranked in the top 10 percent of hospitals nationwide for excellence in Cardiac Surgery by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Accredited in Vascular Testing by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission
- Maryland Perinatal-Neonatal Quality Collaborative (MDPQC): Platinum-Level Hypertension
- American Heart Association’s highest honor for commitment to quality Stroke Care
- Center of Distinction for Wound Care – has a 94% healing rate for seven years straight
- Operating the only Trauma Center in the County – with a 96% survival rate
- Successfully opened the only Adult Sickle Cell Infusion Clinic in Prince George’s County
This progress is only possible through trust in us from community members like you.
As we approach the end of another transformative year at UM Capital Region Health, I want to extend a special invitation to join our better state of care by making a financial donation. Your donation, no matter the size, will make a significant difference in helping create a healthier, more resilient community by:
- Providing access to cancer care and early detection screenings,
- Providing equipment and advanced training for our domestic violence and sexual assault counselors, and
- Providing special prenatal care for high-risk mothers and their unborn babies.
Join us in making an impact – donations received by December 31st are tax deductible for your 2023 taxes.
Thank you for considering this opportunity to make a difference. Your generosity has the power to transform lives and better care for our community.